This all started a few years ago while I was on the road transporting cars...it was about 1am and I was coming out of Chattanooga Tennessee on I75. I was loaded with cars on my hauler when I had a bearing failure, and lost my trailer wheel and hub. It was dark out so I didn't notice at first, but by the time I did, I lost another wheel due to the shift in weight and the strain it put on the other wheel! Now I was stranded, loaded with cars and two wheels out of four missing. I was able to slowly exit the highway where I was stranded for 24 hours until my wife and mother could bring me rims, tires and hubs. Now, I have the skills to make this kind of repair myself, but for someone who does not, it can cost a lot of money for a service call. This got me thinking.... why doesn’t anyone offer a part to solve this problem?
Time went on and about seven months later I was in Miami, and I had just replaced all new wheel bearings. I came up to an intersection and apparently I had a bearing just starting to come apart. When I applied my brakes, the pressure of the brakes and the weight I was carrying caused the bearing to finish coming apart. My wheel came off and passed me, slamming into a light pole at the intersection. There were people standing there waiting to cross, but luckily no one was injured, and I am very grateful for that.
I started to research how I could find something, or develop a part that was user friendly that would solve the problem, and most importantly, keep people safe. That was one year ago and after designing several prototypes, and putting them to the test, I came up with a design that was easy to install, durable and still allows for proper lube to the bearing.
After designing several prototypes, and putting them to the test, I came up with a design that was easy to install, durable and still allows for proper lube to the bearing.